[ CHAPTER 34 ] - ( THE PRIEST FROM SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 5 }

{ PT.  5 } - It's me who should be thanking you. I think you may have saved me from a life I was not destined to live. Well, that's a change of tone. Where's this coming from? I don't know. He shook his head. The duplicate moles... everything that's happened! Well, all I know is... She hesitated. What? Her eyes moistened. Nothing. Christiano pulled the car to the side of the road and cut the engine. He turned to her. She avoided hiss gaze. You know, only weeks age, I was fresh out of the seminary having taken my priestly vows. And now I have this task and these feelings. . . Feelings? She turned to him. Yes, feelings... It was all I could do to stop myself from kissing you in the Cardinal's car. I longed for that kiss. She chewed her bottom lip and eyed his cherry red lips. What I wanted to say, before... It''s as if everything is erased. now I can't imagine a moment when you were ever absent from my life. She placed her hand over his. I wish it were that simple. He pulled his hand away as if it weighed a ton. If not dangerous, she replied. It's not the danger. I don't want to take advantage of you. If you are indeed pregnant with the Messiah, how am I worthy to touch you, to be with you? You are the only man who has ever been worthy. A look of deep veneration shone from his pupils. And you're the only woman I've ever wanted to be with... But whatever this is, it is beyond delicate for the both of us. We must be sure. We must tread carefully. This is not to be rushed. I understand. I know what I want, but I understand. For now. let's get you to Rome, okay.                                                                 _________________________________________________________  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }