[ CHAPTER 34 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 2 }

 { PT.  2 } - Ah, I have a Mister and Mrs. Abbadelli, here. Is that so? he replied. And what room are Mr. and Mrs. Abbadelli staying in? I'm sorry, but they checked out. You missed them by a couple of hours. Do you have the number plate of their car? he asked. Ah, let me look. She glanced at the monitor. Oh, yes, I was on duty yesterday when they arrived. I asked them for their number plate, but the man, oh, Mister Abbadelli, said they were tired and he would get it for me later... But then they left. Did you hear them mention where they were going? he asked. She shook her head, gulping as she stared into his steely eyes. I'm sorry, Sir. They mentioned nothing. Don Primo grabbed the money from the desk. If you know what's good for you, you won't have lied to me today. She shook her head. No S, I wouldn't lie. I don't know anything. But.. you could check with the waiters in the restaurant. As she finished speaking, Don Primo's phone rang. He checked the caller ID to see Paolo's name flash on the screen. Before answering, he gestured with his chin towards the restaurant, indicating for his men to enter. They dutifully left. Paolo, you have news for me? As Paolo spoke, Don Primo watched his men interacting with one of the waiters. From Johan's phone? he asked... You managed to access the messages? His eyebrows arched. And what did these messages say? He listened intently to the answers. A look of surprise sprang to his face. And where did these messages and calls come from? ... Rome! I see. I see. And from whose phone? ... Frya Attar, he repeated.                                                                    _______________________________________________________  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }