[ CHAPTER 34 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 4 }

[ CHAPTER  34 ]  -  { PT.  4 }                                                                                                 

They both glanced at each other other and chuckled. Christinao breathed deeply, catching Angelica's gaze from thee corner of his eye. A hesitant silence desperate with yearning settled settled in the air. I thought you'd left that book back at the convent, he said. I would never part with this book. I was lavished with so many expensive gifts by Don Primo and I left them all behind when I ran away. You gifted me with the greatest treasure of all, apart from this ring my parents gave me before they died. She wiggled her little finger where the heart-shaped gold ring took permanent residence. You flatter me. He glanced at her again, a coy smile leaving his lips and a light glint in his eyes. It seems we have both encountered some big changes. My life at the convent was good, she said, but the first day I saw you, something changed. What do you mean? Changed how? I'm not exactly sure. I walked into the refectory with that large bowl of soup and. . . You noticed me that day? Yes, of course. Why? I didn't think you could see anything beneath that oversized hood. That's all I saw, along with your delicate hands peering out from long sleeves, and that ring. Oh, I saw you, she replied. He chuckled. It's a beautiful ring, by the way. Thank you. I was twelve when I received it and over time it has grown too small. Now it fits on my little finger. I will never remove it. Well, your fingers may swell with your pregnancy, but I promise to find a safe place for it until you're ready to wear it again. She peered at him through smiling eyes. That's sweet, thank you.                                                                                                                            ___________________________________________________________________________________                                                                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }