[ CHAPTER 36 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 4 }

{ PT.  4 } -  Then why do you not have her? My payment includes you not having to concern yourself with the minor details. I ask that Your Eminence trusts me that I will have her soon. I see, said the Cardinal. Please, do sit. He gestured towards a sofa. Don Primo took a seat and crossed his legs. The Cardinal sat opposite him and momentarily removed his cap to reveal white, lustrous hair with a distinctive streak of silver running through the centre. He scratched his head and replaced his cap. Is there anything I can do to assist you? he asked. That won't be necessary. However, I would like to know your plans for Johan. Is he here? He has been off work due to his head injury, but I have ordered him to come at six this evening to drive me to an unexpected dinner engagement. He will not leave this place. His actions have been too suspicious. Don Primo nodded, returning a smug smile. Do you concede to my men interrogating him? Of course, do with him as you wish. My only interest is his motive for working for me under false pretences all these years. Don Primo nodded.                                                                                      _______________________________________________________  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }