[ THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ] - { PT. 16 )

{ PT.  16 } - His father granted our wishes and my own eyes fell upon the heavenly creature, the Saviour predicted to summon the new age and save the Jews from their prescutors. When looked upon the Saviour's face, my life was changed, implicitly. His mother, Mary, allowed me to hold him in my arms, and his fingers touched my face, and my heart ripped open. I wept like never before, as I have wept many times since. I believe his essence lives in my body and now guides my life through its motions. I still feel the lightness with which he has left my mind and body. We gave him our gifts, and before our parting, Mother Mary gave me one of His swaddling bands as a gift. I thanked her reverently. Her angelica presence was filled with such humility and peace. As we journeyed home that same Star that had guided us to the Messiah, guided us safely back to our homeland, avoiding the route of Herod's kingdom. Once home we shared our experiences with our tribe and elders, showing them the swaddling gift from the angelica Mary. The elders bid us celebrate this honour with a feast and a great fire, whereupon we made our prayers upon the swaddling and I was called upon to toss it into the flames. I watched as the fire claimed the swaddling for its own, and I celebrated with my brethren until dawn. Upon waking I was witness to a miracle, discovering the swaddling was still whole and untouched, and as sacred as the moment it was gifted to me by His mother.                      _______________________________________________________  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }