[ CHAPTER 41 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 3 }


 ( CHAPTER  41 ) - THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA: - { PT.  1 }                                                  The hand was seconds away from the hour. Frya's cell phone rang. They watched it ringing at the certre of the table as if it was something alien. Kurush reached over and picked it up, looking at the flashing screen. It's Johan's phone. Frya collapsed in tears again. He took a deep breath, swiped the answer key, and hit the loudspeaker button. Pronto. He placed the phone at the centre of the table. Give me Angelica Kurush looked across at her. Don Primo, she replied. So now I get to hear your voice. Why are you doing this, selling me to that madman? Do you know he intends to kill me? So how does an infertile woman become pregnant? It really must be a miracle. Maybe because you the hick with that priest and God blessed you. Or, just maybe you really are carrying the Messiah. Either way, it's just about the money. She shut her eyes and opened them to dripping tears. Don Primo, please. If I ever meant anything to you... A mocking laugh assaulted their ears. We're long past that now. I don't care what happens to you or your baster. You're not my responsibility, but you are my meal ticket. I will kill them both if you don't surrender yourself to me within the hour. Is that clear, my angel? That's out of the question. Ah, Kurush. The magi. Their heads straightened. Yes, I know all about the prophecy and your ancestor Jannara. Little Johan had to part with many fingers before he told me that fairy tale. Frya yelped as panic choked the breath from her lungs.                                                         _______________________________________________________   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }