[ CHAPTER 41 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 8 }


 [ CHAPTER  41 ]  -  ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA )  -  { PT.  8 } - Do you understand this, Don Primo? His smirk faded, and an unmissable glint of fear flashed past his eyes, but it was gone in an instant. Gone for forgotten. He took her arm. Your lover boy is waiting for you. You won't cause a scene if you want him to live. Angelica released the tension in her arm, making it easier for Don Primo to drag her along. They looked like a father and daughter casually walking the streets of Rome. When they reached the car, Benito opened the door for them and they entered. As the car cruised the streets, a loaded silence choked the air until Angelica spoke, You said Christiano is waiting for me. Did you kill Johan or just shoot in the air? The priest is alive, but not for long. As for Johan, I did him a favour. My men were--how should I put it? Overzealous in their questioning. He was a good man. He has a fiance whose life has just been shattered. He did nothing to you. You told me you would free them both if I turned myself in. He looked at her with twisted features of hatred and leaned into her face until his nose was barely an inch from hers. Killing for me is about as burdensome as brushing the dust from my shoe. Do you understand me? That includes you, that priest and his bastard child. Don Primo, I am four months pregnant. I have known Christiano for no more then two months. You know I'm infertile. The child I carry in my womb is the next Messiah. You are about to commit an indelible sin from which there is no return. What is this bull? I've had enough of this! You're no Virgin Mary. You're a whore with delusions of grandeur.                                                          _________________________________________________________  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }