[ CHAPTER 43 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 4 }

[ CHAPTER  43 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT.  4 } - The surrounding walls were formed from coarse stone, and hanging on one side was a portrait of the man himself sitting in the Pope's throne. His smile was unable to disguise the nefarious pucker in his lips and the greed in his eyes. A four-poster bed with a wine-coloured quilt embroidered with gold thread was to the left of the protrait. He pulled open the central drawer of the desk, retrieved a cell phone and hit the speed-dial button. There were seven rings followed by a monotone beep. I have a message from God, he said before ending the call. Moments later, the cell phone's rings echoed through the room. The Cardinal answered, saying nothing. What is God's message? said a gruff voice. Kristoff. I am glad you are well. There is always slight trepidation when I call on your services. You Eminence, it is with your prayers and blessings that I remain in this world. I am sure of it. How may I be of service? I need you to locate some people who, well, let's just say they need to be eliminated from the entire planet. I made the grave mistake of enlisting the services of another. But he was not of your calibre.                                ________________________________________________________ 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }