CHAPTER 44 - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 11 }


 { PT.  11 } - They took their seats and for a few moments soaked in the peaceful ambience evoked by the prayer. Frya's food remained untouched, but her face had grown a healthier shade. Kurush comfortingly rubbed the top of her shoulder. She smiled at him. Christiano, your prayer had had a healing effect on us all, I think. You must have been a great priest, said Kurush. Christiano smiled, and Angelica caught a glimpse of sorrow in his pupils. Are you both religious? he asked, changing the subject. Our ancestors in Jannara's time were of the Zoroastrian faith. Today, there are probably about tow hundred thousand Zoroastrians in the entire world. Frya and I prefer to remain detached from any religion, but we are not without God. Yes, it seems quite the opposite, in fact, said Christiano. Even as a child, I saw religion and God as polar opposites. I found religion too rigid and easily misinterpreted and manipulated by egocentric minds. One's connection to God is an intimate affair. I completely agree, replied Christiano. My faith remains, but my perspective has changed. Even though I have not been officially laicised, I could no longer remain in the priesthood.                                                                                          ________________________________________________________ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }