CHAPTER 44 - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 6 }


 CHAPTER  44  -  ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA )  -  { PT.  6 } - She placed her arms around his neck. I know I can be emotionally detached. I don't know how you put up with me. But if I allowed my heart to rule over my head, I would never have survived as a doctor. He gently rubbed his nose against hers. I wouldn't have you any other way. They kissed before the oval window as the concaving buildings wrapped around them like creeping ivy, imprisoning them inside, and crudely snatching the image from her mind. The tears rolled down her cheeks. The finger bearing her engagement ring jerked upwards involuntarily.                                      ANGELICA LET OUT A sigh and walked away. Maybe she's asleep, she said as she entered the dining room. She placed Frya's plate on the table and covered it with a napkin. She'll come around, eventually. Hopefully, our trip to Egypt and our mission will help to alleviate some of the grief, if not distract her from it. It will give her a much needed reason to carry on with her life. After all, she is to deliver the Messiah, said Kurush.                                                                            ________________________________________________________   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }