CHAPTER 44 - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 9 }


 { PT.  9 } - Christiano lowered his head before looking her in the face. All I saw was them taking his body away. I don't know what happened to him. The furnace, said Frya. Johan told me the Cardinal has a furnace in the basement. Didn't you hear the sounds? I heard many sounds. I was disoriented and... Frya, you can see what Christiano has been through, interrupted Kurush. I'm not blaming you. I told him not to go back to that place, but he didn't listen. They cremated him, and I have nothing. No ashes, no way of giving him a proper burial. I said a prayer for him, said Christiano. It was just after he gave me the message to pass on to you. Then, I prayed again when they took his body away. Thank you, Christiano. I'm glad he was not alone. Will you say something now? she asked. Of course. It would be my honour. They all stood up and bowed their heads. This is a prayer from the Book of Wisdom, he said. He cleared his throat. The souls of the virtuous are in the hands of God, no torment shall ever touch them. In the eyes of the unwise, they did appear to die, their going looked like a disaster, their leaving us, like annihilation; but they are in peace.          ________________________________________________________ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }