[ CHAPTER 45 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 6 }


 { PT.  6 } - No, you got it from us! They both chuckled. You can see what it's like around here, said the Captain. The Greek and Italian war! I only let him get away with it because he's an excellent chef. Of course. I'm Greek! They laughed. I must leave you if we are to set sail on time, said the Captain. He nodded and made his departure.              AS THE SHIP PROGRESSED - on its journey to Greece, Angelica and Christiano shared a single bunk in their Spartan cabin. Angelica awoke to see a contemplative Christiano staring at the gold, amethyst ring around his finger. A minute, ornate gold cross was embedded in the center of the amethyst stone. He turned and twisted the ring as if it might reveal a secret. Does that ring have a story? she asked. This ring was given to my by my mentor, Father Guido, when I was ordained. It means as much to me as my grandfather's knife. It's beautiful. Is he the priest who died recently? Yes, Back in my home town. He was a special man. I have never seen a ring with a gold cross fixed into the stone like that.                                                                                        ________________________________________________________  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }