CHAPTER 45 - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 7 }


{ PT.  7 } - He must have had it made especially for you. He did, said Christiano removing the ring and turning it over. You can see the inscription. For Christiano, the follower of Christ. Angelica narrowed her eyes and looked closely at the words. He loved you dearly. The feeling was mutual. He placed the ring back on his finger. And how are you feeling? You seem much better, said Angelica. I should be concerned about you. I feel embarrassed about this sickness. It stems from a rebellion against my father. I am sure. He wanted you to be a fisherman. He did, and I knew from the first moment of consciousness that I did not. But yes, I'm feeling surprisingly well. Good. She kissed his lips. And how are you feeling about this journey to a foreign land to have your baby? I was concerned about having the baby in the desert, but if Frya will be there, and you, and it's God's wish, then I'm sure it'll be fine. I will hold your hand throughout. There is no need for you to fear anything when I'm with you. You know that, right? That's exactly how you make me feel--safe and secure. She kissed him again. But... What? It's just that there was a moment last night when Kurush said that you would have made a great Priest. And? I saw a glint of regret in your eyes. I don't want to take you away from something you love. Yes, but did you hear what I said after? That with everything that's happened, I could no longer remain in the priesthood. I did, but just wanted to make sure. That's all. Christiano placed his hands on her belly. You, the Messiah and me. In a million years, I could never have imagined this gift I have been given. A look of relief washed over her face. I feel the same. A clanging knock on metal sounded through the door, followed by a tinny voice. We're going to lunch. Are you coming? asked Kurush. They looked at each other. Actually, I'm starving, said Angelica. We're coming, called out Christiano.                                                                                 ________________________________________________________          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }