CHAPTER 45 - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 7 }


 { PT  7 } - It seems I have some unexpected arrangements to make. He winked at Christiano as he left. I'll go and check on Frya said Kurush, leaving. Angelica noticed Christiano's guilty face. What's going on? Oh, nothing. I just asked the Captain to marry us tonight, that's all. What? He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her tenderly. I want to make this real. I cannot spend another moment without you as my wife. Will you do me the honour of spending the rest of your life with me? She stared into his questioning eyes as tears welled in hers. I never thought I would hear those words from anyone's lips. Why not? Because of the life I've led. Why would you think such a thing? Until you came along, I had never felt anything for any woman. Everything seems to have changed overnight. It's... Wonderful. I have a family. Then your answer is yes? She nodded eagerly, too choked to speak, and buried her head in his chest.Wait! She looked up at him. Does the Captain have the proper licence to marry us? I don't want to discover years down the line that we are not legally wed. Christiano laughed. You think of everything, don't you? It just so happens he used to captain cruise ships where he performed marriage ceremonies all the time. Then yes, yes, yes! she announced, swooping her lips towards his for a lingering kiss.                                  KRISTOFF WATCHED THEM FROM a distance. He knew little of the people he had been sent to eliminate, and for the first time in his life, an ominous feeling smouldered in the pit of his belly. The Cardinal was right. Something was different, and it made him uneasy.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }