[ CHAPTER 46 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 1 }


 { PT.  1 } - I don't want you to go to any trouble. It's no trouble at all, replied Frya, unsettling the contents of her suitcase. Ah. Here it is. She pulled out a creamy coloured tea-length dress and held it up for Angelica to see. This is perfect. It's exquisite, said Angelica closely examining the lace fabric. She held it against her body. Where's it from? Johan bought it for me from a fifties vintage fair. Her voice choked back tears. Although I'll have little use for it in the desert, I couldn't leave it behind. And now look. Who would have guessed we would need it? I can't wear it. Angelica placed it on the bed. Why not? It's too precious. What if it was ruined? I would never forgive myself. I can hear Johan's voice in my head right now, saying, It would be an honour for Angelica to wear it. Please honour his memory by wearing this dress. Angelica's eyes filled with tears. If you're sure and completely okay with this then it would be a privilege to wear it. Please honour for Angelica to wear it. Please honour his memory by wearing this dress. Angelica eyes filled with tears. If you're sure and completely okay with this then it would be a privilege to wear it. They embraced like sisters. I want to thank you for everything you've done. Everything you've sacrificed for the baby and me, said Angelica. Well, if it wasn't for the prophecy, Frya joked, tearfully. I'm glad that destiny brought us together. It's an honour beyond imagining. Frya wiped the tears from her eyes. Despite what it has cost you? I'm not sure I could be as forgiving. This is in my blood, but it was not in Johan's. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }