THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 49 ) - { PT. 7 }


 ( CHAPTER  49 )  -  { PT.  6 } - Why are you afraid? I'm not. It's... just... She shut her eyes and opened them again to see the wise four-year-old still giving her a quizzical look. Must you always look through me? Salvatrice remained silent. Salvatrice! She immediately regretted her tone, flooped her head into her lap and burst into tears. After a couple of heart--beats, she looked up. I'm sorry I yelled. Its a difficult time. You know the sacrifice Christiano made to get us here. You know how much he loved you. The young girl smiled. Yes, and you will be happy with my news. Salvatrice, the message, please, interjected Kurush. My Father told me that Christiano's heart is still filled with love for you and fr me. Still Angelica gulped and stood up. Salvatrice what do you mean, still? The words rasped through her throat. My Father told me that Christiano is fast asleep. Asleep? questioned Angelica. Salvatrice, do you mean a coma? Ah... Like Snow White? asked Kurush. Yes. She nodded enthusiastically. He hurt his head badly and fell asleep like Snow White. Angelica's surroundings seemed to all but once move in on her. She gasped for breath and clawed at her chest, trying to catch it. Kurush bounded up  from the bed as she collapsed to the ground. He caught her in his arms and set her down on the floor. In her mind's eye, she could see Christiano, his eyes closed; his expression still and reposed like the face of a corpse in an open casket. Her hand reached out as if caressing his cheek. Christiano, she muttered. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }