[ CHAPTER 42 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 12 }


 [ THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ] - ( CHAPTER  42 ) - { PT.  12 } - You be careful and if you need need anything, call me. I will. She stared at him for a moment. You won't go back to your old ways, will you? I don't know what has happened to me, but I'm not that man anymore. It's as if the veil of lies has been lifted from my eyes and I now know who I truly am. Where will you go? After I've helped Don Primo's wife, I'll take my family and leave the country. I don't know, maybe a Greek island for a while. Can we come with you and help the Messiah? If our paths cross again, we'll see, but for now, go to your family. Can I ah...feel the baby one last time? She nodded and placed his hand on her belly. He breath in as a rush of peace coursed through his body. He leaned in and kissed her bump. Thank you, he said. You saved my life. Benito, one last question. I tried calling Enzo. Is he... Benito dropped his head. Don Primo realised he was helping you. I'm sorry. Tears streaked her cheeks as she watched the Mercedes pull away. Christiano came to her side. Are you okay? It's Enzo. Don Primo killed him. She burst into tears. I'm sorry. He hugged her tightly against his chest until her tears reduced to a whimper. She looked up at him through sorrowful eyes. He gently wiped her tears.                                                                      ________________________________________________________  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }