CHAPTER 44 - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 2 }


 CHAPTER  44  -  ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA )  -  { PT.  2 } - A light rap at the door ended their heated discussion. Christiano rose from the bed and opened the door. Kurush stood there. I'm about to finalise some plans for our trip, he said. Is Frya okay? asked Christiano. Kurush shook his head. She's in a lot of pain. The problem is that my own sorrow prevents me from being the rock she needs right now. Johan was like a son to me. We were his only family, and I let him down. The blame for his death lies with me. You mustn't think tat way Kurush. Believe me, Johan did not leave this world blaming anyone. He spoke only for his love for you both. He nodded, wiping the tears from his eyes. When I'm back we'll discuss the arrangement over dinner. Okay, my friend. Be careful. Kurush nodded and walked away with his head still bowed in sorrow. Christiano watched him, helpless to offer any more comforting words. Angelica nuzzled herself against his back and wrapped her arms around his waist. He turned to her. You're still frowning. He kissed her lips. I feel so guilty that I'm glad you weren't the one killed.                  ______________________________________________________                    ________________________________________________________ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }