[ CHAPTER 46 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA ) - { PT. 5 }


 { PT.  5 } - I gave you all that I am. And all that I have I willingly share with you. I promise to love you eternally and to be faithful and loyal to you through the difficult times and the best of times. May this ring be a constant reminder, a symbol of my words and the vow I have made to you today. Your arrival in my life had led me to my true destiny, and I will spend the rest of my life by your side, honouring you, loving you and taking care of you. Angelica took the heart-shaped ring, gifted to her by her parents, between her fingers. Its golden hue reflected the ebbing shimmer of sunlight. Christiano Umberto Abbedelli, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. She slipped it onto his finger, managing to get it midway across his fingernail. As the skin puffed around it, the image was greeted with laughter by all present. She continued her vows with a smile in her voice. I give you all that I am. And all that I have I willingly share with you. I promise to love, cherish and honour you for the rest of my life. I promise to be faithful and loyal to you no matter waht obstacles come our way. I give you this ring, a cherished memento from my parents, and I share this love with you as a token and a reminder of the vows I have made to you today. You have cast a ray of light and hope in my world, and I will cherish your love and your company for the rest of my life. Today is the beginning of the rest of your lives together, said Captain Costantino. May you have many happy and cherished years together. And in all your hopes, aspirations and dreams come to fruition. It is my honour to tell you both that you are now legally husband and wife. Congratulations! As the last echo of sunlight was swallowed by the darkness, Angelica reached her lips to Christiano's and the bond of marriage was sealed with a kiss.                                    THE MESS HALL HAD been transformed into a room fit for a wedding. Ribbons and balloons hung from the walls and ceiling, and clean white tablecloths lined with red ribbon adorned the Formica tables. A hand-painted sign with the words Just Married was attached to the head table, and a three-tiered cake with creamy white frosting took center stage. The couple were greeted with a standing ovation by jovial seamen who had not expected a wedding reception on a regular working sea voyage. Christiano walked Angelica to their table. Her face was a priceless picture of surprise. She hugged Captain Costantino and Achilleus. Words cannot express our gratitude. Yes. Thank you. It is beyond our expectations, said Christiano, vigorously shaking each man's hand.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }