[ CHAPTER 46 ] - ( THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA) - { PT. 6 }


 { PT.  6 } - Fora few hours, the four of them forgot their troubles, their grief, their anxieties and their mission, as they tucked into their meals, sipped cheap champagne, and enjoyed hearty words and laughter with their new friends. Angelica relished each moment. A mixture of disbelief and elation rushed through her veins as she looked round the room. Her eyes were forced to stop on the man from the deck whose intense stare unnerved her. Mrs Abbadelli, said Christiano with a look of utmost pride. She turned to him smiling. Yes, my husband? He laughed and kissed her lips. This has to be the most surreal sight I have ever seen. I was thinking just that. She looked back at the man to see him chatting to another crewman. Is everything okay? She turned back to him. Better than I could have ever imagined. Their lips met again. You two save that for later, said Kurush. They chuckled. I'm sorry, it seems my father has had a little too much to drink, said Frya, looking a little annoyed. A toast! said Kurush rising from his seat and clinking the side of his glass. The room fell silent. I have known Angelica and Christiano for a fraction of time, yet they are as intrinsically a part of my life as my own daughter. I am honoured to know them and to call them family. I am glad they found each other, and I am blessed to be a witness to their union. I am sure you will all agree what a handsome couple they make. Please join me in a toast to Angelica and Christiano. He raised his glass. May they live an eternity in love. The room was filled with an unmelodious medley of cheers and the ringing and clanging of glasses and cups. As the evening progressed, an inebriated Kurush made his rounds to every crew member in the room as if on a mission to share his exuberant laughter and nonsensical conversation. When he reached Kristoff, he slapped his shoulder and moved his face close to his. It was as if their alcohol-infused breaths formed a cloud. That is a bad scar you have, my friend. What happened? I was attacked on my way home from work one evening, many years ago. Did they catch the man who did it? There were three of them, and they no longer breathe, he replied with a wry smile. Kurush stared at him for a moment. Ah! He waved a crooked finger at him. You're a funny man. Kristoff responded with laughter. Kurush felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see another drunk smiling crewman. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - [ CHAPTER 48 ] - { PT. 7 }

THE PRIEST OF SANTA MARIA - ( CHAPTER 48 ) - { PT. 8 }

THE PRIEST OF SATAN MARIA - ( FOUR-AND-A-HALF YEARS EARLIER ) [ CHAPTER 49 ] - { PT. 8 }